Monday, July 21, 2008

Finally...

Beyond all sense and comprehension I finally caved...yes I've finally started a blog.

Apparently as any shrink would tell you keeping things to yourself would be detrimental to your health but I've always reasoned out that what drinking sessions with friends are for. Then as you mature (euphemism for growing older), you realize that not a lot of things that need to be said gets said while in a drunken stupor. I guess this is simply because your mother tongue now strictly becomes your second language and you become fluent in "drunkenese" (I give credit to Robin Williams for coining this term).

As I sit here and write my first entry to my blog, I realize more the beauty of the written word. Words have power and emotion, just like pictures. But unlike a photograph, where at times the nuances can be lost depending on who views it, words have a way of putting things right in your face.

I am not a lyrical writer nor do I lean to the poetic which is great (for me at least), as I intend to use this avenue of expression to air my thoughts, share my emotions, rant, rave and just simply set into words what I feel, think or care to express. If your opinion differs from mine; wonderful you are entitled to it. If you feel the need to give me advice, great I can always choose to not take it. If you think I am wrong, don't lose sleep over it coz it's me on the line and not you.

If you find what I write to be interesting...thanks. If you need my opinion on something then ask, hopefully I'm in the right state of mind when I give you an answer.

So there...nuff said.

No comments: